November 7, 2017
- Sometimes sharing music in Apple Music using Messages doesn't work. Workaround: use "Copy" or maybe AirDrop works
- Discussion surrounding Apple Music, iTunes Match and streaming music.
- SpaceX lands rocket at sea, makes history - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEr9cPpuAx8
- followup on Joe's migration to G Suite: I've stopped seeing progress bars and large numbers counting up and down in my sleep, and I've stopped having nightmares about drag and drop targets
SHARED CONTACTS FOR GMAIL - https://www.gmailsharedcontacts.com
when cleaning up old mail using your IMAP client with Gmail:
1) "When I mark a message in IMAP as deleted": change to "Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server."
2) When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder: change to "Move the message to the Trash"
3) Under the Labels section, remove the check mark next to All Mail and Important so that those labels will not show in IMAP
- Sam tells about a client sending out bulk emails and wishing to set up their own email server.
- Joe Share his thoughts on his new iPhone X
- Sam shares a story about declining service to a potential problem client.
- Joe shares a story about helping a client hide selfie photos
ImageOptim makes images load faster - https://imageoptim.com/mac
- We'd like to thank all of our Patreon sponsors for their tremendous support of Command Control Power. You really help make the show possible. We've talked about burnout recently... This show has been a labor of love, and your support sends a signal that you appreciate what we're doing so it really helps encourage us to keep doing it and putting out a show every single week. We've released over 232 episodes over the course of the last four years! We really appreciate all 40 of our patrons. For this monthly live episode, we'd like to specifically thank those patrons that pledge at a certain level. You truly make the show possible and we really appreciate it.