Recorded live on October 29, 2013
- Clients upgrading to Mavericks, and then asking for help
- Jerry's medical practice client finds out MacPractice is not yet Mavericks compatible
- Joe's clients encounter trouble with Juniper VPN and SoftRAID
- Sam's client encounters problems with Zimbra, VPN Tracker
- run Mountain Lion in a VM to run apps that do not yet work on Mavericks?
- according to VMWare, "Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server, 10.6 Snow Leopard Server, 10.7 Lion client or server and 10.8 Mountain Lion client or server are fully supported on VMware Fusion while running on supported Apple hardware"
- Sam mentions CNET article: External drives experiencing data loss after Mavericks installation
- using Roaring Apps to determine app compatibility with Mavericks
- Sam and Jerry advise us to back up (archive) our OpenDirectory databases; this is built into Time Machine starting with Mac OS X Server 10.7.2 Lion
- Mavericks Prep service? flat rate to review installed apps, check file system, and advise client along a self-guided upgrade
- John Siracusa tests battery life improvements from Mavericks on 2007 MacBook Pro and finds 25% improvement