Recorded on July 8, 2014, aired on July 22, 2014
Sponsored by Smile. Check out Smilesoftware.com for a great screencast from David Sparks about PDFPen for Mac, and to learn why you should use and recommend Smile's awesome software to your clients.
- MacBook Air torqued
- creative client interpretations of rates and service offerings
- Managed Services discussion; revisiting Easing into Managed Services
- Jerry recommends AJA System Test with the following settings: "MBytes/sec", File I/O API: Unix, "Round frame sizes to 4 KB", "Enable network volumes", Test: Disk Read/Write, Video Frame Size: 1920x1080 10-bit RGB, File Size: 1GB, "Disable file system cache"
- Jerry's legal firm successfully replaced Mac mini Server with Synology
- "working off the server" vs. copying files locally for editing and then copying back to server
- scheduled server restart to work around SMB service interruption? Sam suggests scheduling a launchd job to stop and then start SMB using serveradmin command
- Jerry recommends TP-LINK TL-WR710N 150Mbps Wireless N Mini Pocket Router with USB port for storage for streaming movies to iPad when traveling