Recorded March 2, 2014
Sponsored by MoonClerk
This is part two of a special two-part Managed Services roundtable feature six members of the Apple Consultants Network, discussing the benefits of a Managed Services pricing model and how to transition a traditional hourly-billing consultancy into offering Managed Services.
Thanks to our brand new sponsor, MoonClerk – an easy and inexpensive way to collect recurring payments for your subscription services.
Thanks also to our special guests for this roundtable:
- offering clients "self service" options through CasperSuite or RobotCloud
- building a "book of service" to work toward an exit plan for your consultancy; building something of value; getting acquired
- the benefits of talking about your service offerings to get comfortable pitching them to clients
- the fact is, servers should be managed proactively to ensure reliability, and Managed Services is a natural way to provide proactive services, billed automatically on a monthly basis consistent with the way services are rendered
- with Mission Critical services, the consultant takes on a psychological burden to ensure that the services keep working; Managed Services makes it equitable for the consultant
Small Biz Thoughts by Karl W. Palachuk