- pros and cons of cloud-based solutions
- clients don't understand the cloud
- storage issues with people moving to flash storage with limited space (e.g., MacBook Air with 64/128 GB)
- backing up locally vs. to the cloud
- Mail Service on Mac OS X Server; backup and restoration considerations
- Kerio Connect and Microsoft Exchange; built-in backup and restore options
- private cloud services
- DropBox security considerations, and secure alternatives
- get comfortable with saying "no" by repeating it to yourself
- charging for the discovery process and protecting yourself when writing a proposal; offering a free introductory hour
- clients stumbling on support from rogue third-party companies when trying to find first-party support
- clients accidentally moving the Microsoft User Data folder or iPhoto database; iPhoto used to allow iPhoto Library to be in the Trash!
- Time Machine does not back up the Trash, but some clients store data there
- question from the audience: "What part of your job, as an Apple consultant, do you enjoy most?"
"I see people actually look up when they talk about the cloud." – Sam