Lucas Acosta, Founder & CEO of Foojee Consultants in Atlanta, GA joins us this week for an interview
Five Things You Should Know About Foojee
- Foojee was born out of a calling to serve. We combined that calling with our enthusiasm of Apple products and created a company.
- We're in it to win it. We don't outsource our talent. All of our team members are W-2 employees with benefits, and each one adds their own spice to the Foojee brand.
- Why the name Foojee? Welp, the Fuji apple is our founder's favorite type of apple. Simple as that.
- Since we opened shop, we've grown on referrals alone.
- We create monthly Apple®-centric videos filled with tips, news, advice, and the occasional joke. It's how we like to keep in touch with our clients.
-Foojee is an outsourced IT shop for businesses using Apple products
-The majority is managed services for small businesses as well as MDM projects
-Video started out as a side hobby that turned into a revenue stream for Foojee. It all started when they started doing it for themselves. Lucas encourages those listening to try it yourself first
-Foojee uses a traditional email campaign with hosted YouTube videos to send to their subscribers
-Video also creates a way to keep that close relationship with your clients
-"Apple products at work" is the theme of their latest videos, focusing on using Apple products in business
-Get started using an iPhone as your microphone, using the Voice Memos app
-One thing videos do not do is generate leads. But it helps when potential clients are comparing you to your competitors
-Lucas discusses the raw, single take vs scripted video and the pros and cons of each
-As the CEO, Lucas is still 50-60% engineer and 20-30% business development
-Lucas started Foojee in 2008 and he discusses the ebbs & flows of running a business
-He was initially under the impression that he needed to be big in order for clients to hire them
-In the same vein, Joe talks about his focus on the residential market
The main reason Lucas is part of the ACN, besides the leads, is that he wants to be aligned with Apple
Foojee's original company name was On-Site Technical Consulting!