- Justin Esgar of the ACEs Conference and Will O'Neal, President of Mid-Atlantic Computer Solutions, join us to discuss ACEs 2018 in Baltimore, MD
- listeners get a 10% discount on ACEs Conference: https://acesconf.com/go/ccp
- Sam helped his Mom with iOS 11 update
- Jerry has MacBook Pro followup: he upgraded to a two year old machine
- buying on eBay
- selling used Macs on eBay or Mac Of All Trades
- iPhone X impressions
- Sam fixed a failing drive that was beeping, not clicking: Opened up 2.5” hard drive to repair (moved the heads into park position while turning platter counterclockwise (it was beeping, NOT clicking)
- Text Expander Snippet For Email Advice
- High Sierra PSA courtesy of Jason Campbell, ZMS Consulting:
“Scenerio: A Mac workstation running High Sierra is working off a Mac server. The Mac server is running macOS Server.app 5.
Issue: The lock files generated when opening files that live on the Mac server aren’t deleting when the file is closed. This causes ‘file in use’ messages when trying to open the file again. It times out in about 10 minutes but still another reason to hold off on upgrading businesses to High Sierra. Apple engineers are aware of this and are working to resolve.”
Credit to Jeff Satterwhite for finding the issue. He’s the owner of Post Mod Tech out of Austin, TX. He’s a longstanding ACN member and FileMaker developer.
Thanks to our Patrons for sponsoring Command Control Power!