Recorded in April 5, 2016
We are sponsored this week by Gruntwork by Mac-MSP. Gruntwork is the ultimate managed service package for you and your clients. "Think of what you would do when trying to solve a user’s support request: run a disk verification utility. Run permission repair. Update the affected software to the latest version. With Gruntwork, those chores have already been accomplished. Your time spent troubleshooting issues is greatly reduced when the common maladies are already ruled out. Better yet, Gruntwork prevents many common problems, so the Mac just works and you can focus on higher level tasks for your client."
Find out more at - http://mac-msp.com/gruntwork and tell them CCP sent you.
- "The internet series of tubes" - Senator Ted Stevens
- Jerry shares his story of a client who attempted to contact Gmail and reached SmartSnake who was providing support from New Dehli, India.
- Sam recounts a personal story of his wife losing keys and the Tile app and hardware assisting in locating the lost keys.
- Joe discusses replacing a time capsule that is having an issue. What to do when Time Capsule blinks amber reporting "the device might be overheating" when it's under warranty and full of client data.
- Joe chats a bit more about Contact syncing woes and "watching another beachball".
- Discussions turns to commonly used firewalls SonicWall, ZyXel and WatchGuard among the the favorites
- Jerry shares a travel tip and recommends Tripmode at https://www.tripmode.ch/ for monitoring your mobile data consumption.
- Enjoy Command Control Power and want more commercial free programs? Please visit our Patreon Page where you can support Command Control Power and help us bring you more commercial free programming.
Thanks to all our Contributors: JD Strong - Strong Solutions
Daniel Escobar - Proactechs, Luis Giraldo- MonkeyBox