- We're sponsored this week by Bushel - Bushel is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution for the Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod devices in your workplace. Designed to make the complex tasks simple so you can focus on business.
Like Bushel? The Bushel Affiliate Program was made for you. After you sign up, we will provide you with a special link to share with others. Once someone signs up more than 3 devices from your referral, you start earning. Earning what? A percentage of their monthly Bushel bill, forever. It’s that simple. To become a Bushel affiliate, visit www.bushel.com/affiliates/ccp.
Recorded on July 28, 2015
Jack-Daniyel Strong (aka “JD” in the ACN Community) is the President of J-D Strong Consulting, Inc. and Strong Solutions. As a member of the Apple Consultants Network, J-D Strong Consulting grew over the last 12 years from a one-man consultancy to Strong Solutions, an Apple Authorized Reseller and Service Provider for the Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho area. Strong Solutions' sole focus is on Mac OS and iOS solutions for Small and Medium Business.
Website: Strong Solutions - https://jdstrong.com
- Remaining Lean and Mean in a Competitive Environment:
JD mentions some of his critical apps:
1) Munki saves him lots of time.: Getting started with Munki by Greg Nagle - https://github.com/munki/munki/wiki
2) Watchmen Monitoring - https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/commandcontrolpower
3) Zendesk is a beautiful, lightweight help desk solution - http://www.zendesk.com
- JD discusses Managed Services and his recipe for a managed service client and contract. Referencing Luis Geraldo:
010: Managed Services discussion with Luis Giraldo - http://commandcontrolpower.com/podcast/2013/8/1/010-managed-services-discussion-with-luis-giraldo
041: Managed Services Roundtable with Allen Hancock, Luis Giraldo, and Kevin Ginger, Part 1 & 2 - http://commandcontrolpower.com/podcast/2014/3/15/041-managed-services-roundtable-with-allen-hancock-luis-giraldo-and-kevin-ginger-part-1
- A key to success with Managed Services has also been Gruntwork "Save yourself time and money by leaving the “grunt work” to Gruntwork” - http://mac-msp.com/gruntwork
054: Interview with Brian Best from BestMacs and Mac-MSP Gruntwork - http://commandcontrolpower.com/podcast/2014/6/14/054-interview-with-brian-best-from-bestmacs-and-mac-msp-gruntwork?rq=gruntwork
- JD also mentions our Sponsor Bushel - Bushel.com/ccp
Bushel is a cloud-based tool that anyone can leverage to manage the Apple devices in their workplace. The seamless interface can be accessed through an intuitive web portal that can be used on any device, at any location.
- Require your client to prepare a list of questions when you are doing on site service or they come to your location.
- A goal to adding managed service products like Watchmen, Gruntwork etc is have it cost you, about 10% of what you are charging the client on a monthly or yearly basis.
- Like Bushel? The Bushel Affiliate Program was made for you. After you sign up, we will provide you with a special link to share with others. Once someone signs up more than 3 devices from your referral, you start earning. Earning what? A percentage of their monthly Bushel bill, forever. It’s that simple. To become a Bushel affiliate, visit www.bushel.com/affiliates/ccp.