Please support MacTech Pro Events, designed for the professional tech or consultant who supports Apple technologies.
If you're a professional tech or consultant supporting Apple technologies, MacTech Pro Events are designed specifically for you, the Apple tech. As a CMD-CTRL-PWR listener, you get a special deal — $200 off PLUS a full year of MacTech Magazine in both print and iPad (over $100 when purchased on the newsstand). Go to http://pro.mactech.com/go/ccp/ for your discount.
- Sam talks about returning from vacation and the conversation moves to Managed Services. They mention Managed Services expert, Luis Giraldo which you can hear more of on the following Command Control Power Shows:
Show - 010: Managed Services discussion with Luis Giraldo - https://cmdctrlpwr.squarespace.com/config#/|/podcast/2013/8/1/010-managed-services-discussion-with-luis-giraldo
Show 074: Managed Services Refresher with Luis Giraldo of Ook and MonkeyBox
-Deauthorize your computer using iTunes
Make sure that you deauthorize your Mac or PC before you sell it, give it away, send it in for service, or make major upgrades.
-MacSales Flash Modules
Thanks to Mike Dent one of our listeners -
Mike Dent is the founder of Ubertechs Ltd - http://www.ubertechs.co.uk
On Twitter @mcdent
OWC Envoy Pro, Portable, Bus-Powered USB 3.0 Enclosure
For Apple Flash SSDs (June 2013-Current Mac Models)
2013-2014 MacBook Air A1465 A1466 Pro A1502 A1398 MD712 SSD PCI-e 4X adapter
- Patreon Promotion, one of a small club; we're not selling mattresses; we only take sponsors we know…
Our Patreon Page:
COMMAND CONTROL POWER IS CREATING PODCASTS
"Get Smart” TV Series - Cones Of Silence http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/graphics/cone_title.gif
- Joe discusses that Team Vewer erratic scrolling may have been resolved.
TeamViewer - the All-In-One Software for Remote Support and Online Meetings
-Omnifocus - OmniFocus is an incredible task management platform for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Develop and fine-tune a system in OmniFocus to keep life and work in balance, stay on top of projects and goals, accomplish them faster, and play a little bit more. You’ll want to live here.
- Discussion regarding issue with deleting Photos on the iPhone and not having all the data removed. Jerry mentions the new Jason Snell “Take Control” Book on Apple’s “Photo’s App by Jason Snell ( former editor of MacWorld).
All “Take Control” Books available for free for Apple Consultants by registering here:
From the book…
A common question about Photos is how to merge multiple libraries into a single iCloud collection. Often this is because someone has multiple libraries (perhaps including some converted from iPhoto and/or Aperture) or photos scattered across multiple computers.
(For more methods of merging iPhoto libraries, read Consolidate iPhoto Libraries, earlier.)
Libraries on just one Mac:
First allow one library to completely upload to iCloud. Then switch to another library and make it your new System Photo Library (see Set a System Photo Library), and then turn on iCloud Photo Library in the preferences and wait for all those items to sync to iCloud. You can repeat this process as necessary. (And yes, it will try—not always successfully—to not upload duplicate items.)
(To speed up the process a bit, select the Optimize Mac Storage option, so Photos isn’t trying to download your entire library every time. Once you’ve settled on a single library file that you’re going to use from here on out, you can turn on the Download Originals to This Mac option if you want to ensure that your Mac contains every single file in your iCloud library.)
Libraries on multiple Macs:
If the Macs are logged in to the same iCloud account, Photos will take care of everything when you turn on iCloud Photo Library—and all those libraries will merge together.
- Jerry talks up his positive experience of using the Google Photos service on his Mac and iPhone to back up his entire photo collection. https://photos.google.com
- Jerry speaks very positively about a new audio player called the Pono, released by Neil Young. The service can be found at Pono Music - https://www.ponomusic.com
The player is available from Amazon - http://amzn.to/1feBCa4 PonoMusic Pono Portable Music Player, Black and also at Fry’s.
- The focus turns to microphones and Joe mentions a recommended mic by Ben Brooks called the Samson “Go Mic” - https://brooksreview.net/2015/05/samson-go-mic/
Jerry mentions that he and Sam use a very good quality USB mic that is reasonably priced.
Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone