Recorded on June 9, 2015
Many thanks to our sponsor this week, Watchman Monitoring. Sign up for your free trial at watchmanmonitoring.com/cmdctrlpwr. Here's an example of a smart Watchman alert: "UPS Monitoring is no longer available. Re-connect UPS to enable monitoring."
- Followup re: MacBook data migration, Sam's ditto command
- Jerry relays a question about Watchman Monitoring from a Chicago listener, and we discuss "white labeling" the product with your own company's branding, and the broader topic of branding in general.
- Jerry discusses his note-taking workflow and operations
- Joe's MacBook migration recipe:
- New Installation
- Create Admin User / Turn Off Sleeping
- Create Same Name User Folder > Clone User To User
- Terminal = sudo chmod -RN /Users/username
- sudo chown -R username /Users/username
- Boot Off Recovery / Reset ACL's
- Migration Assistant > Move Everything Else
- Sam's Recipe:
- Terminal - Move User Folder:
- sudo ditto -X -rsrc /Volumes/oldhomefolder /Users/newhomefolder