Recorded on November 3, 2015
The CCP Team is joined by Tom Bridge, Partner at Technolutionary, IT services firm in Washington DC area - http://www.technolutionary.com
- We open the show with a discussion about the Mac Tech Conference 2015 in Manhattan Beach - http://conference.mactech.com . Tom was a featured speaker at MacTech and he provided his slide deck for his topic "Saner WiFi" - https://j.mp/sanerwifi
- We also celebrate our own Sam Valencia's achievement of running and finishing this years 2015 New York City Marathon. http://www.marathonfoto.com/Proofs?PIN=9W0T79&LastName=Valencia
Sam, you rock!
- When is it O.K. to tell clients to upgrade to Mac OS X or IOS ?
Tom mentions 10.9 Security Advisory found here: https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/38371/
- Tom Recounts An Unusual Open Directory issue that he had with a customer
- In depth Discussion on Slack
Tom talks MacAdmins on Slack. If you haven’t checked out SLACK you can get info here and get the free app - https://slack.com
From there, you can be a part of the MacAdmins community by getting your invite -
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/
Slack for Mac Admins: A primer: Why should you be on Slack? - http://macs.ws/1VlKTfS
- Tom chats about his company’s monitoring system and incorporating different technologies, like Zendesk, Watchman, Pingdom and Slack
- Tom Discusses his company’s philosophy to reaching out to his clients with mass emails. What usually dictates a mass email and why.
- Fantastic Tiny Newsletter that Tom publishes. You can sign up to receive via email here: https://tinyletter.com/technobits
You can also find Tom Bridge on Twitter at @tbridge